Tuesday, February 23, 2010

DBD::mysql on Leopard


I've encountered this problem

dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _mysql_init Referenced from: /Library/Perl/5.8.8/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.bundle Expected in: dynamic lookup

dyld: Symbol not found: _mysql_init Referenced from: /Library/Perl/5.8.8/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.bundle Expected in: dynamic lookup


I always have problems due to multiple installation of mysql my hand, 32 and 64 bit, and 2 different installations of perl (one coming from Leopard, the other from port).

To solve this (due to 64bit mysql libraries and missing 32bit libs) I decided to recompile DBD::mysql on my box in CPAN

CPAN> force install DBD::mysql

and apparently this solved the problem

No comments: